[Slackbuilds-users] Compile an android app for Linux

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Jun 13 21:45:40 UTC 2018

Hello,

I want to compile the pico2wave app that is part of svox.

I tried to get the Debian package and deps:
libpopt0_1.16-11_amd64.deb # Not seure I need this one)
libttspico-data_1.0+git20130326-8_all.deb
libttspico-utils_1.0+git20130326-8_amd64.deb
libttspico0_1.0+git20130326-8_amd64.deb
then used deb2tg to make "Slackware" packages.

Of course I need to move some files in their right place,

But also I came across a segmentation fault trying to run pico2wave.

Before I investigate further (files not where they should be, versions
mismatch, etc.), I would like to know if their is a relatively simple
way to compile this stuff from source on Slackware (as does Debian).
I could have a look at how the Debian maintainer (Samuel Thibault) does,
but maybe there is a less time consuming way?

I could request clues from Samuel, but he is already more than busy.

Arch Linux has a pacakage in the AUR, but they seem to repackage the
Debian binaries:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/svox-pico-bin/

TIA for any clue,

Didier

PS I would also use the Python script picospeaker from Kyle:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/picospeaker?h=svox-pico-bin
if I can solve this issue.