[Slackbuilds-users] dmca takedown notice?!

Panagiotis Nikolaou hostmaster at slackonly.com
Thu Jun 14 17:50:50 UTC 2018

> Hi Nate, Hi everybody,
>
> On 14/06/18 13:39, Nate Bargmann wrote:
>> * On 2018 13 Jun 16:05 -0500, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>>> git checkout master
>>> git fetch --all
>>> git reset --hard origin/master
>> I did those commands and still have the files remaining in my local
>> tree.
> Sorry about that, we're still working out what are the best commands for
> people to use
>
> If your remote 'origin' is your own fork at Github, instead of one of
> the SBo repos, then this is probably the quickest and safest way:
>
>> Do I just
>> need to do the nuclear option of deleting my GitHub fork and creating a
>> new fork and then setting up a new clone?
>

> Alternatively, you can add another remote for our repo and fetch it:
>
> git checkout master
> git remote add sbo https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/
> git fetch --all
> git fetch --tags sbo
> git reset --hard sbo/master
> git push -f origin master
> git push -f --tags origin master
>
> If you have other branches (like 14.2) you need to delete them too.
>
> Hope this is ok, thanks for the feedback!
> -D.

I did this to my branches to delete the history:

git filter-branch --force --index-filter 'git rm --cached
--ignore-unmatch audio/jack-tools/aeffect*' --prune-empty
--tag-name-filter cat -- --all

It took me a long time since I have 3 different branches, but at the end
it delete completely the history.

I didn't have enough time yesterday to sync with SBo I just delete for
the time the affected SlackBuild.

P.S. Sorry David I just noticed that accidentally reply on you instead of the list.

Regards
Panagiotis