[Slackbuilds-users] Downloads not working (was pcsc-lite - download url not working)

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 04:25:46 UTC 2018

On 6/18/18, David Spencer <idlemoor at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

>   system/oracle-instantclient-basic: Download test failed. HTTP page not
> retrieved.
>   system/oracle-instantclient-devel: Download test failed. HTTP page not
> retrieved.
>   system/oracle-xe: Download test failed. HTTP page not retrieved.

This stuff isn't at sbosrcarch because it works like jdk: register with
site and download interactively. Plus, not legally redistributable,
even if I did want to jump thru the hoops to download them.

The current list of blacklisted builds at sbosrcarch:

  academic/novocraft
  academic/wehi-weasel
  development/amd-app-sdk
  development/decklink-sdk
  development/jdk
  development/J-Link
  development/sqlcl
  development/sqldeveloper
  office/treesheets
  system/displaylink
  system/oracle-instantclient-devel
  system/oracle-xe
  system/oracle-instantclient-basic

Blacklisting means sbosrcarch will never attempt to download these. ISTR
your download-checker, or slackrepo, or something, actually uses a list
like this... so we should be using the same list.

Ideally, the list would be in git, or at least on the site like
uid_gid.txt, and any time a build is submitted with manual download
required, someone adds it to the list... and all tools that need the
list can retrieve it from the same place. Hm?