[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20180623.1

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 03:14:33 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018, 8:10 PM Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Some scripts have no maintainer, so it's being orphanned in this batch.
> If you are interested to take over, please submit an update using our
> submission form as usual. We also have a pasture branch which list most
> (if not all) scripts that have no maintainers.

I wonder if it would be better to keep the scripts in "pasture" in the main
branch but just change the maintainer name to UNMAINTAINED. Right now, it's
extremely difficult to find what scripts have been moved to pasture unless
it's in the most recent logs.

Or maybe you guys are looking to specifically keep them out of the main
branch since they are unmaintained, in which case, maybe we could keep a
text file somewhere (maybe the root of the repo) of all the scripts in
pasture that can be easily referenced in case others would be interested in
taking them over. Or, we could move all unmaintained scripts to a pasture
folder in git, but not list that category on SBo.

I'm just trying to find a way to make the list of scripts in pasture more
accessible to make it easier for maintainers to look through and possibly
take over. I'd love to peruse the full list, but I'm just not finding an
easy way to do it short of looking through the log in the pasture branch,
but that's mixed with regular public updates, so it's hard to find all of
them easily.

I'd be open to any other suggestions too.

Jeremy