[Slackbuilds-users] mupdf and dynamic vs. static linking

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sat Jun 23 12:23:32 UTC 2018

Hello there,

Something I got reminded of by the recent update...

By default the mupdf software package builds and links against a static
library, resulting in a 123MB txz package containing several 33MB
executables.

The LFS project has a patch that applies cleanly and switches to a dynamic
build, resulting in a much more sensible 20MB txz package.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/mupdf.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/svn/mupdf-1.13.0-shared_libs-1.patch

I've been using the LFS patch for quite a while over several versions of
mupdf without any problems.

Could the LFS patch be added to the SlackBuild?

Cheers!