[Slackbuilds-users] QGIS 3 on Slackware [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 7 17:10:10 UTC 2018

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Benjamin Trigona-Harany wrote:

> Is it possible you installed proj 5.0.0? In any case, you've probably
> upgraded proj at some point and not recompiled everything that depends on
> it (at least gdal, libspatialite and postgis).

Ben,

  Yes, proj-5.0.0 is installed, and the latest packages for gdal,
libspatialite, and postgis are shown as present in /var/log/packages.
Unfortunately, not only did the kernel upgrade to 4.4.118 remove the gdal
executable (which I built and re-installed yesterday), but it also borked
the libspatialite and postgis executables.

> Rebuild those and try QGIS again and I'm betting it also builds.

   I rebuilt and re-installed libspatialite and postgis and you're correct,
qgis now built to completion and allowed me to upgrade the version.

   I caught the gdal issue yesterday when attemting to build the latest grass
version, but did not check the other qgis dependencies.

Thanks for your help,

Rich