[Slackbuilds-users] Rstudio

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Mar 8 08:52:25 UTC 2018

slackbuilds-users-request at slackbuilds.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 05:23:06 +0700
> From: Willy Sudiarto Raharjo<willysr at slackbuilds.org>
> To:slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
> Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] Rstudio
>
>> The Slackbuild for Rstudio fails compilation with a series of boost errors.
>>
>> Others have reported this problem.
>>
>> See:
>>
>> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/rstudio-compile-fails-on-current-4175571764/
> Have you tried to compile on -stable?
> Remember that SBo targets for -stable, not -current
 From the SlackBuilds FAQ:

15.  For what version of Slackware are these scripts designed? Will they
work on newer versions?

  * All of our scripts should work with the most recently released
    version of Slackware; if this is not the case, you should file a Bug
    Report <https://slackbuilds.org/bugs/>. Except as noted in the next
    FAQ entry <https://slackbuilds.org/faq/#older>, the scripts should
    also work on older versions of Slackware. /*Slackware -current is
    not supported, but as a general rule, the scripts should work on it
    as well.*/

/**
*/Questions:

Can it be considered a bug?

Should SlackBuilds.org website include a link to Ponce's alternatives,
for the benefit
of those who do not regularly follow LinuxQuestions?

More seriously, thanks for all your help.