[Slackbuilds-users] Out of space when building RUST ?

Andrew Clemons aclemons at runbox.no
Fri Mar 9 06:49:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-09 07:08:26 +0100, xavier at maillard.im wrote:
> [...]
> Thank you very much. I wish I would have seen that Rust was not a
> runtime dependency before trying to build it.
> [...]

I have a note on a couple of my slackbuilds which use rust mentioning
that you only need rust to build and that it can be safely removed
after, i.e. here¹. I'll add a similar note to ripgrep too.

It doesn’t really help in your case though, since you'd still have to
build rust to build ripgrep. But yes, you can use the binaries
BurntSushi provides on the project page without having rust installed.

Andrew

¹ https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/vtcol/