[Slackbuilds-users] Changes Postgresql SBo scripts as version numbering has changed?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 11:47:27 UTC 2018

As Postgresql number scheme has changed with version 10 (and going
forward), and only the first number is the major version number, I was
wondering if it is worth amending the SBo scripts to reflect that. The
data dir, bin dir and log dir usually need to only be prefixed with the
major number, not the full version - to help with upgrades from one
major version to another.

I would have made a patch myself, but I got a bit lost on how the old
SBo scripts used to use the full (e.g. 9.6.2) version in
postgresql.SlackBuild, yet end up with only the major version (e.g. 9.6)
further down the line, in rc.postgresql, setup.postgresql and other
scripts - so maybe someone can help?