[Slackbuilds-users] Today's DMARC debacle

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Sun Mar 18 21:08:01 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 03:20:04PM -0500, Rob McGee wrote:
> We have placed the list on emergency moderation mode for now.
> Please, no more posts about this until I get it resolved.  I will
> reply here when it is.

DEFAULT_DMARC_MODERATION_ACTION = 1

This will rewrite the From: headers of posters from domains with
DMARC reject or quarantine policies.  Personally I think those
addresses should not be allowed to post to mailing lists at all, but
this is less painful overall, especially considering that many
subscribers don't control their email providers' policies.

Yes, I should have done this a few years ago.  Oh well.
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org