[Slackbuilds-users] system/lsyncd requires Lua 5.2

Arkadiusz Drabczyk arkadiusz at drabczyk.org
Tue Mar 20 19:46:24 UTC 2018

A new release of lsyncd requires at least Lua 5.2, in ChangeLog
https://github.com/axkibe/lsyncd/blob/master/ChangeLog it says:

change: needing now at least Lua 5.2 (Lua 5.1 no longer supported, Lua5.3 supported)

We used to have Lua 5.2 but it was removed in commit 9389d02 'until a
working way to manage multiple lua versions in the system is
provided'.  Moreover, development/lua README says:

"This package is for the version 5.1.x of lua, the one compatible with
the software that needs lua on slackbuilds.org."

Lua 5.1 line is really quite old, the oldest release was on 17 Feb
2012 according to this site https://www.lua.org/versions.html.  I
counted 66 packages that require lua:

find . -name "*.info" | xargs grep "^REQUIRES.*\blua\b" | wc -l

It would require a lot of manual work to check if all of these
packages could work with Lua 5.2.  Should I just wait and explain that
system/lsyncd would not be upgraded until Lua 5.2 becomes the default?

--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadiusz at drabczyk.org>