[Slackbuilds-users] Identifying users of a library

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 22 13:42:13 UTC 2018

   I need to upgrade wxPython yet have applications that depend on wxGTK+ so
I want to learn which installed applicatons depend on wxGTK+2 and wxGTK+3.
Aucacity depends on the latter, but I don't know which others do nor which
applications require wxGTK+2.

   Reading the man pages for installpkg and upgradepkg I see no options for
finding this information using them. The tool, 'ldd,' displays the libraries
required by a nemed package; I want to display the applications dependent on
a named library.

   In the Red Hat and Debian worlds rpm and dpkg apparently have options to
do this, but I've not found a way in Slackware.

   Advice and suggestions needed.

Rich