[Slackbuilds-users] Today's DMARC debacle

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 22 17:58:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Rob McGee wrote:

> That's how it is done, so yes. If your domain is delegated to someone else
> to manage the DNS, it's possible that a DMARC record could be added
> without you knowing it. But if you control your own DNS, you'll only set a
> DMARC record specifically.
> One thing we had to consider is that most of our subscribers use email
> providers, so DMARC is beyond their control. We don't want them to be
> penalized because of lack of clue (or indeed, malice) at their email
> provider.

Hi Rob,

   I use the DNS servers at my domain registrar. Is there a way for me to
directly determine if they have added DMARC? I run postfix as the MTA so
mail doesn't go through them or anyone else. Therfore, is DMARC not an issue
for me?

   I have successfully implemented SPF on stmp here, but am still struggling
to get openDKIM working.

Regards,

Rich