[Slackbuilds-users] github doubling tarball name, again

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:11:52 UTC 2018

> Hi,
>
> When I try to download:
> https://github.com/shimmerproject/elementary-xfce/archive/elementary-xfce-0.11.tar.gz
>
> the suggested tarball name is:
>
> "elementary-xfce-elementary-xfce-0.11.tar.gz"
>
> Can someone knowledgeable (I know we have some here ;-)) tell me if it's
> possible to get the link in a way so that the tarball is actually:
>
> "elementary-xfce-0.11.tar.gz"
>
> ?

I suppose you are using a browser to download it or wget with the
parameter "--content-disposition", but it's not your or github's
fault: if you look at the release page you can see that they seem to
have tagged it wrong, compare the releases below or equal to v0.9 to
the subsequent

https://github.com/shimmerproject/elementary-xfce/releases

with proper tagging, prepending the name of the tag should let you
specify a consistent (not depending on the download type) naming for
the tarball, for example

https://github.com/shimmerproject/elementary-xfce/archive/v0.9/elementary-xfce-0.9.tar.gz

but as tagging for the following releases is broken I don't have a
solution for you apart for adding an alternate extraction routine,
like

tar xvf $CWD/$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz || tar xvf
$CWD/$PRGNAM-$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz

Matteo