[Slackbuilds-users] libwacom-0.29.tar.bz2 md5sum failure

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat Mar 31 14:25:13 UTC 2018

> I'm not sure why it worked for willy to download it from sourceforge
> though. If you compare the downloads from sourceforge by willy and
> you, there are several differences.
>
> * First of all willy is connecting to excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net
> while you're connecting to sourceforge.net. I have no idea where willy
> got the excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net link from, it's not in the
> .info file.
> * Secondly, your connection gets redirected by sourceforge (that's the
> 302 Found line), willy's does not.
> * Thirdly, when you do download it, sourceforge tells you it's a
> text/html file of length 447K, while willy's download is an
> application/octet-stream of length 484K.
>
> I have no idea why sourceforge is giving out completely different
> things to you and willy, but I would assume it has something to do
> with where willy found the excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net link from.

Since sourceforge is mirrored through different servers, we will get a
different location closest to us. In most cases, i always get Taiwan or
Japan, but this time, i got excellmedia which is in India.
By stating it explicitly through excellmedia, it will be a direct
download instead of going through their round-robin load balancer.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo