[Slackbuilds-users] Plex version too old

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:42:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:08 AM, Matteo Bernardini <
matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't see the problem in notifying the maintainer of any issues with
> the SlackBuild and eventually report to this mailing list if he hasn't
> answered back after a reasonable amount of time (two weeks).

Having tried that a few times in the past, I think that approach all too
often will amount to wasting two weeks. On this basis, and as a matter of
principle, I would have thought that a conscientious maintainer ought to
keep track of this forum precisely for this kind of issues. In fact, it
seems to be the case that such maintainers already do so.

To put it in a nutshell, don't you think that one of the duties of a
package maintainer ought to be to keep track of this forum?