[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 + pulseaudio

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:18:21 UTC 2018

> Hi,
>
> I e-mailed a very small patch to the qt5.SlackBuild maintainer more
> than once to allow dynamically detecting if pulseaudio is installed with
> pkg-config and disabling it if its not. However its been a few weeks
> since my last attempt and much longer for the previous ones. I have
> received absolutely 0 replies.
>
> I also e-mailed a similar patch to Pat for mpg123 and now Slackware
> supports a pure alsa install in extra. It would really mean a lot to me
> if this was applied to qt5 too so I that I didn't constantly have to
> edit the SlackBuild every time I update or rebuild qt5. Something which
> I routinely forget to do until the build fails...
>
> Can this be done? I've attached the patch to this e-mail.
>
> Thanks,
> Hunter

I'm sorry Hunter, but if these kind of patches are to be applied is up
to the maintainers.
maybe if Larry hasn't answered yet is because he's not gonna apply it,
but he has the last call on his own scripts.
consider also that we assume for our scripts a full and clean
installation of the latest Slackware stable, and such platform contain
pulseaudio, we don't officially support pure alsa installations.

Matteo