[Slackbuilds-users] Problems upgrading ZoneMinder

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Tue May 8 02:08:22 UTC 2018

Bob,

Thank you for helping me try to sort this out. I was able to use the
upgrade dbs in /usr/share/zoneminder/db to incrementally upgrade my
database to 1.31.1. At least, the commands completed without reporting
any errors. Before I could do that, I did have to grant alter permission
to zmuser, which wasn't mentioned in README.SLACKWARE, FYI. However,
after upgrading I'm getting a bunch of errors in the logs about not
having proper permissions on directories, sockets not existing, etc.
Those logs recommend running zmupdate.pl -f, which I am still unable to
do. So I'm not really sure if the database was actually upgraded
correctly. These errors may be fixable with some hand editing of the
paths through the web interface, but I need to do more research to find
out.

B Watson, aka Urchlay, ank youthay orfay explainingay erewhay ethay
ourcesay amecay omfray. (Pardon my poor pig latin.)

Dan