[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 + pulseaudio

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Tue May 8 22:12:27 UTC 2018

On 08/05/18 05:53, orbea at fredslev.dk wrote:
[snip]
> It would really mean a lot to me
> if this was applied to qt5 too so I that I didn't constantly have to
> edit the SlackBuild every time I update or rebuild qt5. Something which
> I routinely forget to do until the build fails...

Many (most?) of us have at least one SlackBuild which we change to suit
personal requirements. No doubt, those who have multiple SlackBuilds in
this category also have some strategy to work through these differences
with minimal pain whenever there is an update.

In my case, I use git branches to accommodate the different SlackBuild
versions I want to maintain. Apart from the branches connected with
SlackBuilds for which I am the maintainer (therefore conforming strictly
to SBo conventions), I have a separate branch which contains all the
changes in the various SlackBuilds that I use for my local systems. At
each SBo update, I rebase that separate branch to master so that the
branch is up to date but local changes remain intact. Occasionally the
rebase will conflict with a change in the branch but that's easily fixed.

chris