[Slackbuilds-users] postgis and CGAL 4.12

Konrad J Hambrick kjhambrick at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:05:30 UTC 2018

Thank you for the replies Willy and Ben.

I'll try Ben's patch as linked by Willy.

As for why is SFCGAL linked to postgis ... I don't recall !

I've been building and installing CGAL and SFCGAL for 'a while' now and I
don't recall why :)

OTOH, I've been building and installing postgis for years and years ( much
longer than CGAL + SFCGAL ).

I've still got a Slackware 13.37 system where I started using postgis.  I
believe it is postgis-1.5.8.  I'll check to see what dependencies are
linked.

I'll be able to do some more testing later next week but postgis is working
very well with CGAL 4.11.1 on my work Laptop and I've got a looming work
deadline for a big project that has to go out.

I've also got a feeling that the issue with compiling postgis 2.4.4 with (
CGAL 4.12 + SFCGAL 1.3.5 ) is that Slackware 14.2 ships with boost 1.59
while the stdc++17 flag is only supported in boost version 1.67 and greater.

Anyhow I've got a few avenues to explore now and I'll report back as soon
as I can !

Thanks again for all that y'all do !

-- kjh