[Slackbuilds-users] Odd Directory Name in OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Sun May 27 00:25:11 UTC 2018

On 27/05/18 05:46, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> Chris --
>
> This is a Slackware64 14.2 + Multilib System.
>
> The 'root' directory name in OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz is kinda-sorta odd.
>
> What's in the OpenSceneGraph.tar.gz file is:
>
>    OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5/
>
> What's expected in the OpenSceneGraph.SlackBuild file is:
>
>    OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5/
>
> This is perfectly fine for the first build -- the tar file is extracted
> into a new directory so all is well.
>
> However, when -or- if one needs to rebuild OpenSceneGraph ( like I did )
> then the cmake build will 'continue' in the stale directory.
>
> Patch for the odd directory structure of the existing
> OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz is attached.
>
> Or maybe this should be reported upstream ???

Thanks Konrad, I'll add this to the other change I have regarding the
occ variable (see below).

> Here is another one ... I had the OPTIONAL Package
> fltk-1.3.3-x86_64-2_SBo.tgz installed for the flSynclient Package.
>
> It turns out that OpenSceneGraph will build example_osgviewerFLTK if
> FLTK is installed.
>
> However it fails for fltk-1.3.3.
>
> Here is the tail of my build log:
>
> Scanning dependencies of target example_osgviewerFLTK
> [100%] Building CXX object
> examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/osgviewerFLTK.cpp.o
> [100%] Linking CXX executable ../../bin/osgviewerFLTK
> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/5.5.0/../../../../lib64/libfltk_gl.so:
> undefined reference to `Fl_XFont_On_Demand::value()'
> examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/build.make:123:
> recipe for target 'bin/osgviewerFLTK' failed
> make[2]: *** [bin/osgviewerFLTK] Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:18128: recipe for target
> 'examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: ***
> [examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/all] Error 2
> Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I upgraded FLTK to version 1.3.4-2 ( yes ... it is 'dash 2' ) and
> OpenSceneGraph compiled and installed and runs properly now.

I thought I'd covered all the bases before updating the OSG version but
missed this one (obviously!). I'll look at it during the week.

> One last thing I noticed ( :) I swear that is all :) ) that I am still
> trying to track down is that the $occ variables (
> -DOPENCASCADE_INCLUDE_DIR -and- -DOPENCASCADE_LIBRARY_TYPE ) are both
> ignored by the OpenSceneGraph cmake configurator.
>
> Here is the log message:
>
>    CMake Warning:
>      Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:
>
>        OPENCASCADE_INCLUDE_DIR
>        OPENCASCADE_LIBRARY_TYPE

The occ variable is left over from when I was testing multiple OSG
versions to see how far it could be updated (since quite a few other
SlackBuilds depend on OpenSceneGraph). Support for OpenCASCADE doesn't
actually start until OSG version 3.5.6 (so superfluous in 3.5.5, as you
discovered) but we can't update to 3.5.6 yet because upstreams of other
dependent SlackBuilds aren't ready for some of the changes. The occ
stuff will be commented out (pending further OSG upgrades) in the next
SBo update.

Thanks,
chris