[Slackbuilds-users] Opera ffmpeg codecs 0.34.0 crashing pages

James Diamond jim.diamond at acadiau.ca
Wed Nov 21 20:53:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

On my system (S64 14.2) V 0.34.0 of opera-ffmpeg-codecs reliably
causes opera web pages (e.g., every youtube video?) to crash.

This did not happen with opera-ffmpeg-codecs-0.31.5-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz,
and it doesn't happen when I remove 0.34 and reinstall 0.13.

So, while I have a solution to the problem, I am curious: presumably,
I am not the only opera user (surely the maintainer is?).  Is anyone
else seeing this problem?

I see it even when using a user who has no opera files at all (before
I start opera).  My laptop just has Intel graphics (Core i7-4980HQ),
so there is no exotic AMD or Nvidia issue.

Anyone else able to report all is good (or bad) for them?

Thanks.
                                Jim