[Slackbuilds-users] Fontforge build error

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Fri Oct 5 14:56:40 UTC 2018

On Friday 5 October 2018 07:41,
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> put forth the proposition:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, David Woodfall wrote:
>
> > After doing some building and diffing what sticks out is that in your
> > log make is including
> >
> > /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h
> >
> > Whereas my log shows
> >
> > /usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h
> >
> > This is also on a 14.2 multilib system.
> >
> > Can you test the following change in the slackbuild just after the
> > CFLAGS= and CXXFLAGS= lines add:
> >
> > GLIB_CFLAGS="-I/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/glib-2.0/include" \
> >
> > If that doesn't work you could try exporting the variable and remove
> > the '\' on the end.
>
> Dave,
>
>   That added GLIB_CFLAGS line is already in the build script.

Eh? Which version and where did you get it? Current version for 14.2
is 20170731 and there is no GLIB_CFLAGS in there. I had to double
check again that because I maintain it.

Aside from that you could also try using CPPFLAGS with the setting.

> What I find
> puzzling is that so many other libraries are built before this one fails. If
> the makefile was looking in /usr/lib/ rather than /usr/lib64/ I'd expect the
> build to fail at the first library.

No always true. I forced it to look in /usr/lib and it didn't fail
until the point that yours did, quite far into the build.

>   Regardless, I don't need fontforge on the new desktop. Perhaps some time
> in the future it might be needed, but the probability is quite low.

Which application needed it? It's not the most user-friendly thing in
the world, for new users anyway. Font editing is in a realm of its own.

--
Dave

A copy of the universe is not what is required of art; one of the
damned things is ample.
    -- Rebecca West

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//