[Slackbuilds-users] Fontforge build error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 5 16:27:53 UTC 2018

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

>>   From a suggestion provided by someone here for a different package.
>
> Don't ask for support for slackbuilds that don't originate from
> slackbuilds.org. I spent a wasted few hours yesterday trying to find
> a solution to fix it since I maintain it. If you want help with
> someone else's build then go to them and don't waste my time.

Dave,

   I was not sufficiently clear. This was a suggestion offered for another
SBo package. The package maintaier offered the same syntax for the
slackbuild script, LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}" \, as you did.

   Several respondents on the mail list have offered suggestions for the few
packages that won't build on this new hardware, including Willy's advice to
upgrade the BIOS firmware, which I did.

   If a problem is not related to a slackbuild script I would not be asking
for help from the SBo mail list.

Rich