[Slackbuilds-users] six and python3-six

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 20:08:54 UTC 2018

On 10/31/18, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users
<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> documentation, but if you use two build scripts, the documentation would
> need to be in different places to avoid loosing it if you had both
> installed, and just removepkg one of them.

That wouldn't happen. removepkg would notice the files exist in another
package and it wouldn't remove them.

That said, it'd be cleaner for each package to have its own set.

Since 15.0 is going to ship python3, maybe combining all the <thing>
and python3-<thing> builds is the way to go. No more "this requires
blahblah, built with python3 support" in READMEs, you'd be able to just
look at the REQUIRES and install those packages.

Speaking as someone who only installs python & its modules as dependencies
for apps I want to run, that would make life simpler.