[Slackbuilds-users] hoorex-0.6.4 and tty control Strings

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 18 00:06:26 UTC 2018

On 17/9/18 9:11 pm, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Christoph Willing
> <chris.willing at iinet.net.au <mailto:chris.willing at iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>
>     On 17/9/18 8:42 am, Christoph Willing wrote:
>     > On 16/9/18 8:10 pm, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
>     [snip]
>     >
>     > A problem I will have with the python curses solution is how to test. Is
>     > your problem due to a physical device you're using, or is it to do with
>     > how you're using hoorex in your update scripts i.e. something I could
>     > replicate sufficiently to test any fix?
>     >
>     Hi Konrad,
>
>     I just discovered something which I hope is relevant - I can see the
>     escape sequences when I pipe or redirect hoorex output anywhere. That
>     breaks a use case described in the man page - not good - so I've
>     committed a fix for this situation (by first testing whether output
>     device is a tty).
>
>     Is your case similar to that (a script piping or redirecting hoorex
>     output somewhere)? If so, the attached patch should fix it. Could you
>     test it (against 0.6.4) if you have time?
>
>     Thanks,
>     chris
>
> Chris --
>
> Yes, I am invoking something like the code below my sig.

Thanks Konrad,

I've confirmed that your sample code works correctly with the fix I made
to hoorex. That fix is included in hoorex-0.6.5, for which I've pushed
an updated SlackBuild to SBo, so should be available in next round of
updates at the weekend. If you're in a hurry, it's also available now at:

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/tree/misc/hoorex?h=user/chris.willing/updates
although, for your use case, there's no particular advantage over v0.6.2
that you reverted to.

chris