[Slackbuilds-users] warzone2100, qt5, gpredict and chromium-bsu are on a boat...

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Fri Sep 28 18:01:11 UTC 2018

On Friday 28 September 2018 11:24,
Dave Woodfall <dave at dawoodfall.net> put forth the proposition:
> On Friday 28 September 2018 12:13,
> Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org> put forth the proposition:
> > Hi everybody !
> >
> > Summary of this message is this :
> <snippage>
> > 	But looking to build it on a clean environment, I then discovered that
> > my qt5 package (built on a non-clean environment, but I dreaded building it
> > again on the clean environment because of the time it takes) is linked against
> > pcre2, which isn't listed anywhere in required or optional dependencies.
> > 	And looking at optional dependencies of qt5, I discovered that unixodbc
> > is listed as available on SBo (there's a section for optional dependencies *not*
> > available on SBo), which doesn't seem to be true.
> <snippage>
>
> I'll look into pcre. It is in the configure flags of the legacy qt5
> slackbuild to use the system pcre, but I seem to recall there was an
> issue so I removed that option, so it would use whatever came bundled
> with it. I guess they've updated it to use pcre2 now.
>
> I'll have another look at the configure options and see what else
> there might be.
>
> --
> Dave
>
> This login session: $13.99, but for you $11.88

I've added a note in the readme about pcre2 and I will add other
notes as and when I notice them or someone lets me know.

The output from ./configure --help is 344 lines long so it's a little
difficult to sift through in one shot :)

--
Dave

I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//