[Slackbuilds-users] jdk wrong checksum.

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Sat Apr 13 10:25:13 UTC 2019

On 13/4/19 7:31 pm, Christoph Willing wrote:

> Similarly, wget works for me directly using:
>     wget --header "Cookie: oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie"
> https://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/8u202-b08/1961070e4c9b4e26a04e7f5a083f551e/jdk-8u202-linux-x64.tar.gz
>
> However what is a convenient way to invoke such wget (curl) options in
> automated environments (OP mentioned sbopkg)? Is it acceptable for the
> --header option to be included in the .info file's DOWNLOAD definition?
>
> Alternatively, is there a way use wgetrc to specify the use of
> particular header options for only specific download sites?

I couldn't find how to make wget commands be site specific (yet).
However this particular header option is already quite specific, the
cookie is for "oraclelicense" so I'd expect that it would be ignored by
all sites except Oracle.

As a test, I've added the line:
    header = Cookie: oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie
to my ~/.wgetrc file and I can now run a plain wget with the normal
unadorned DOWNLOAD url to download the jdk tarball i.e.
    wget
https://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/8u202-b08/1961070e4c9b4e26a04e7f5a083f551e/jdk-8u202-linux-x64.tar.gz

When testing some other download site (github) with wget -d option to
see more detail, I can see that the oraclelicense cookie is being sent
but ignored at the other end and the download proceeds as normal.

Until this causes some other unforeseen problem, I'm going to declare
"Mission Accomplished" on this one. Well at least "works for me".

chris