[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding packages on new host

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 19:06:36 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019, 4:49 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On my current 32-bit desktop there are 331 installed SBo packages. The
> replacement 64-bit desktop has only 200 installed SBo packages (some of
> which are not on the old desktop).
>
> I've been using sbopkg to update installed packages on the new desktop and
> just installed and read about sbotools and sboui. All three appear to me to
> work with the SBo repo (including the local copy), but not with to-be
> recompiled packages in the /opt/slackbuilds/ directory tree copied to the
> new host.
>
> When packages are upgraded using sbopkg they do not update the build script
> or source tarball in /opt/slackbuilds/. I ask for suggestions on the most
> efficient way to go through the package directories here, download the
> current tarballs and build scripts, and build those that are not yet
> installed on the new desktop.
>
> Resolving dependencies (which sbotools appears to do) would be _really_
> helpful if it would work on what's in the local directories (not the SBo
> synchronized tree).

What is in /opt/slackbuilds/ as that is not a default directory for any
programs I'm aware of?

So, are you just wanting to get a list of all the missing packages on the
64bit host compared to the 32bit host and then build them on the 64bit host?

If so, what I've done in the past is get a list of all those programs, add
them into the requires line in a .info, run sqg against that program, then
built everything with sbopkg. When I switched to 14.2, I actually ended up
doing a similar thing, but with slackrepo. I would just put on the command
line all three programs I wanted to install and it figured out all the
dependencies and build order.

Jeremy