[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding packages on new host

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 21:49:10 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 3:32 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Chris Abela wrote:
>
> > Try
> > sbopkg -R -k -i "queue1.sqf queue2.sqf ...."
>
> Thanks, Chris.
>
> After reading the sbopkg man page and the README-queuefiles I have a
> few questions remaining.
>
> The pending queue file has 195 packages. Should I separate these by repo
> category into separate .sqf files?

I wouldn't. One file will make it easier.

Does the sequence of packages in [a|the] queue file matter?

Yes! This is the order sbopkg will build them in, so they need to be in the
right build order. sqg generates queue files based on the needed build
order for the SlackBuilds.

The dependency chains, particularly with libraries, can be several levels.
> Will sbopkg resolve these dependencies or do I need to manually sequence
> the
> packages in each .sqf file so requirements are built/installed before the
> dependent package?

sbopkg does not resolve any dependencies. It relies on the build order
listed in the queue files, which sqg should generate correctly.

> Might it be worth the time to check each package in the SBo repo to
> determine whether options should be appended to the package name in the
> queue file? Or, should I have them built with defaults and wait for
> something to not run?

I've always found it worthwhile, but it can be a lot of work to dig through
all of that.

Jeremy