[Slackbuilds-users] scipy3: cannot find numpy3 when building

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 8 01:21:33 UTC 2019

My thanks to all who taught me how to use sbopkg to install packages from a
locally-generated queue.

One package would not build:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 474, in <module>
     setup_package()
   File "setup.py", line 450, in setup_package
     from numpy.distutils.core import setup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'

scipy3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 474, in <module>
     setup_package()
   File "setup.py", line 450, in setup_package
     from numpy.distutils.core import setup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'

However, both numpy and numpy3 are installed.

The same error showed up when I tried building the package from a fresh
directory and tarball.

Where might I look for the reason scipy3 fails to find numpy3?

Regards,

Rich