[Slackbuilds-users] configure: error: GCC 5.5.0 is too old

David Chmelik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 12:23:43 UTC 2019

On 8/9/19 5:16 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:
> [...] Is anyone interested in submitting a SlackBuild for gcc7 along the lines
> of gcclegacy494  i.e. an updated gcc >= 7.0.0 that can coexist with
> 14.2's gcc-5.5.0? I'm not sure whether this is the first SlackBuild that
> finds the standard gcc too old but it will probably not be the last, so
> an updated gcc would be good contribution.

It's not. Tome-ah and probably ToME-SX needed newer gcc years ago;
that's why I haven't updated classic tome SlackBuilds in years. Building
a compiler sounds like something bigger than I want to take on right
now.  Updating those games is not so important but I hope the problem is
solved at least for Libre Office...