[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-{driver;kernel}-430.40 upate posted

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 18:32:19 UTC 2019

On 8/17/19 8:05 AM, Jheengut Pritvi wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 21:22, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com
> <mailto:kingbeowulf at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 8/16/19 12:35 AM, Jheengut Pritvi wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Do you mean changes about dropping support for non-GLVND libraries!
>     >
>     > https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1060977
>     >
>     > My NVIDIA GPU's might be a bit old too, GTX840m.
>     >
>     > Cheers
>     > Pritvi
>     >

>     Yes, that was the announcement for the new beta driver. 435.17-beta
>     still supports the GT[X] 8xx series GPUs.  The cutoff is the GTX 600
>     series, and my spare cards are older than that. Yours is still "new"!
>
>     -Ed
>

>  From this link , I found out what you mean.
>
> https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers
>

> thanks

I thought I was obvious, but ok.  Geforce.com is primarily for Windows
users. These links are also more direct:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/unix/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/unix/linux-amd64-display-archive/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/unix/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/unix/linux-amd64-display-archive/

And the primary support and news location is:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/98/linux/