[Slackbuilds-users] openmpi request

Emmanuel emmanueln at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 13:42:38 UTC 2019

Hi Karel, I've just updated the openmpi slackbuild.

The option --with-pmi=pmi2  was giving me the following errors:

checking if user requested PMI support... yes
checking for pmi.h in pmi2... not found
checking for pmi.h in pmi2/include... not found
checking for pmi.h in pmi2/include/slurm... not found
checking for libpmi in pmi2/lib... checking for libpmi in pmi2/lib64... not
found
checking for pmi2.h in pmi2... not found
checking for pmi2.h in pmi2/include... not found
checking for pmi2.h in pmi2/include/slurm... not found
checking for libpmi2 in pmi2/lib... checking for libpmi2 in pmi2/lib64...
not found
checking for pmix.h in pmi2... not found
checking for pmix.h in pmi2/include... not found
checking can PMI support be built... no
configure: WARNING: PMI support requested (via --with-pmi) but neither
pmi.h,
configure: WARNING: pmi2.h or pmix.h were found under locations:
configure: WARNING:     pmi2
configure: WARNING:     pmi2/slurm
configure: WARNING: Specified path: pmi2
configure: WARNING: OR neither libpmi, libpmi2, or libpmix were found under:
configure: WARNING:     /lib
configure: WARNING:     /lib64
configure: WARNING: Specified path:
configure: error: Aborting

What version of slurm are you using?
I've added --with-slurm --with-pmix as optional dependencies to openmpi and
also updated slurm to the latest version.

Let me know if you find any more problems :-)

Best regards.