[Slackbuilds-users] Hacktoberfest 2019

Jheengut Pritvi z.coldplayer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 19:31:37 UTC 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 17:17, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> > I have been participating in Hacktoberfest organised by DigitalOcean and
> > Github.
> >
> > This year, I am organising some hackathon sessions during the month of
> > october in different
> > venues, including upcoming Google Devfest.
> >

> > Would it be possible to use the Slackbuilds mirror repo on github.com
> > <http://github.com> for the Hacktoberfest?
> >
> > The idea is to make more people involve in Open Source, FLOSS.
>
> What are your plans for SBo?
>

> --
> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo

Hi Willy,

I am assuming you and the rest of the Slackbuild users are aware about the
Hacktoberfest and how
it is organised. If not, ping me, I'll try my best.

For a first, it is going to be difficult to find updates to many/most
packages. In this view, is to build a
list of Slackbuilds with no maintainers or those difficult to contact. If I
get a few Slackbuilds updated,
with no active maintainers would be cool.

Secondly, I would to test some rarely used Slackbuilds under different
environments.

I have already contacted some lecturers to use one of their session for a
hackathon.
I will target future System Administrators to become acquainted in the know
how of
building your own packages.

This is a bit of an idea what I can help through this hackathon.

Salutations,
Pritvi