[Slackbuilds-users] Symbola: MD5SUM mismatch

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Mon Dec 2 20:34:45 UTC 2019

> I removed all of the files that are needed to build Symbola
> (License.pdf, Symbola.pdf and the tarball), and retried the build.
> When sbopkg re-downloaded these three files their MD5 sums were fine
> and building was successful.

Yes.

I'd like to ask for advice.

A few days ago the upstream removed the file Symbola.zip with the font
from his homepage http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/
There is no explanation except for a red line that reads:
-----
New versions of all fonts will be posted after the release of Unicode
version 13, March 2020.
-----

I put the file to the slackbuildsdirectlinks, but now I realized that
the Lisence.pdf has the following statement:
-----
User may not host, loan to service bureaus or in any way redistribute
ufas, with or without charge
-----
(ufas is Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts, of which Symbola is a part).

To me it sounds like having it on the slackbuildsdirectlinks is a
violation of the license.

The only possible solution I see is to use the link
https://web.archive.org/web/20190608100449if_/http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/Symbola.zip

Is it OK? Is there better solution?

Best regards,
Alexander