[Slackbuilds-users] ReText still broken?

psychi psychi2009 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:17:26 UTC 2019

Hi JCA,

When it comes to 'module' in Python-Markdown
<https://github.com/Python-Markdown/markdown>
it may mean the extensions inside it. e.g.
https://python-markdown.github.io/extensions/

I have no problems on 'live preview'. My extensions installed are: toc,
meta, codehilite.

BTW, what's the type of your document is? By default it supports markdown,
while it needs other python modules ( python-docutils
<https://pypi.org/project/docutils/> ) if you want it to support
reStructuredText language. Details is on their Github repo:
https://github.com/retext-project/retext

Cheers, happy hacking.
MDrights

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 22:32, JCA <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would seem that the missing python-markdown-math dependency has been
> sorted out, as ReText now launches without a problem. However, when trying
> to do a live preview of a document, it complains:
>
> Could not parse file contents, check if you have the necessary module
> <https://github.com/Python-Markdown/markdown> installed!
>
> That "necessary module" link takes one to
> https://github.com/Python-Markdown/markdown. This would seem to
> correspond to the Slackbuilds Markdown package - which is installed in my
> system.

*[PGP key]*
04FD A83E F2D3 1DAE 43AC  CCC4 F04F AA0B 9F11 6EF5

- If I did not reply to you, please find another email address of mine.

Cheers.