[Slackbuilds-users] Newsbeuter and Newsboat

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Thu Jan 3 18:33:25 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-03 10:12 a.m., Dave Woodfall wrote:
> On Thursday 3 January 2019 10:04,
> Benjamin Trigona-Harany <slackbuilds at jaxartes.net> put forth the proposition:

>>> I'll take it over then and see what I can do with it.
>>
>> Looking forward to the new Rustified SlackBuild then!
>
> I'm wondering about newsbeuter though - if the Debian patches work
> and there are no other vulnerabilities at the moment I'd rather see
> that continue, at least for as long as Debian keep it alive.

I think the better way of framing it is that there are no *known*
vulnerabilities in since no developers are looking at it any more. There
are no Debian patches incidentally; they - like my SlackBuild - are
using old upstream patches to Newsbeuter master, but those contributions
ceased as soon as the project was forked.

Finally, Newsbeuter will not build on current and therefore 15.0 when
that is released because the code base is not compatible with json-c
0.13 (resolved in Newsboat). I continue to encourage migrating to the
active project.

Ben