[Slackbuilds-users] Newsbeuter and Newsboat

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Thu Jan 3 18:47:21 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-03 10:38 a.m., Andrew Clemons wrote:
> On 2019-01-03 03:06:05 +0000, dave at tty1.uk wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Incidentally, there's also no pressing need to move to Newsboat 2.14 and its
>>> new Rust dependency. I'm just opening the door a crack in case there's someone
>>> who wants to make it happen sooner than later.
>>>
>>> Ben
>>
>> I'll take it over then and see what I can do with it.
>
> I have it working here, so this might help. See attached. I'm also happy
> to maintain otherwise.

Awesome, thanks Andrew.

Since you are "the Rust guy" for SlackBuilds, what are your thoughts
about adding individual crates as SlackBuilds to make script writing
easier? I see a lot of the same dependencies showing up in many
Rust-based scripts, but I'm not familiar enough with the Rust ecosystem
to know whether this is a good idea (e.g. would the requirements for
specific crate versions be an issue across different SlackBuilds?).

Ben