[Slackbuilds-users] Compatibility of build scripts for Slackware64 + multilib at SBo

Fellype fellype at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:30:46 UTC 2019

Em qua, 23 de jan de 2019 às 20:42, Ricardo J. Barberis <
ricardo at palmtx.com.ar> escreveu:

> El Miércoles 23/01/2019 a las 16:29, JK Wood escribió:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2019, 12:54 Fellype <fellype at gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have a question:
> > > If I write a Slackbuild script on a machine that has installed
> > > Slackware64 (stable, of course) + multilib, will the script be
> compatible
> > > with SBo?
> > >
> > > I'm asking this because I'm the maintainer of some build scripts and
> I'm
> > > considering to move all the machines I've Slackware installed to
> > > Slackware64 + multilib. So I'll not have a pure 32/64 bits machine to
> > > make tests and I don't want to provide/submit scripts that works only
> for
> > > me. I tried to find the answer for this question in the SBo's FAQ and
> > > mail list archives, but it was not much clear for me...
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance and best regards.
> > >
> > > Fellype
> >
> > I use two virtual machines for testing my builds that are otherwise
> clean,
> > and reset the images after testing. There are a lot of advantages to
> doing
> > it this way.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JK
>
> I'm doing the same but with docker.
>
> I created 2 docker images for slackware and slackware64, based on vbatts'
> dockerfiles [0], there's some info in my github [1] if anyone is
> interested
> in using them.
>
> There's also the script slack-docker.sh with which I run the containers,
> by
> default they're ephemeral but there's an option (--no-rm) to make them
> persist so I can keep the images uptodate.
>

> [0] https://github.com/vbatts/slackware-docker
> [1] https://github.com/richarson/slackware-docker
>

> I know that virtual machines can be used to test build scripts, but it is
not a good alternative for me because the machines I use are underpowered.
And use a VM to build software in such conditions is not a nice hobby.
Anyway, I'll take a look on docker alternative in order to know its
performance.
Thank you and best regards.

Fellype