[Slackbuilds-users] grace-5.1.23: locale warning

Judah Milgram milgram at cgpp.com
Tue Jul 9 03:21:44 UTC 2019

I realize now this wasn't an entirely appropriate question for this list.

But since I have an answer, I'll share it:

A misguided slackpkg foray into slackware-current on a slack-14.2 system
left me with a number of glibc-2.29 (slack-current) library files in
/lib64 despite having removed the packages and reinstalled the
glibc-2.23 (slack-14.2) packages. ldconfig made sure things were
pointing to the 2.29 versions.

Solution: remove the 2.29 files one by one, by hand. /sbin/ldconfig
after each one. I could feel the system sneeze when I got to the libc
and ld.so links, but it all worked.

Recompiled grace (thank you SBo) and everything's fine. Other locale
warnings disappear as well.

Moral: slack-current not for upgrading numbered versions. I guess. Not
sure why I thought that would be a good idea.

r/
Judah

Sun Apr 7 13:36:08 UTC 2019:

--