[Slackbuilds-users] Numpy/numpy3: gfortran-5.5.0 not recognized

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 16 17:00:43 UTC 2019

Numpy (and numpy3) will not build because the included gfortran is not seen
as correct:

   File "/tmp/SBo/numpy-1.14.3/numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py", line 83, in gnu_version_match
     raise ValueError(err + version_string)
ValueError: A valid Fortran version was not found in this string:
stderr is not a tty - where are you?
5.5.0

However, this is what's installed:

gcc-gfortran-5.5.0-x86_64-1_slack14.2

Yesterday I ran sbopkg to upgrade the host and there were several packages
that would not build, libinput and the numpys among them. I'm trying to do
them manually now.

Another user error?

Rich