[Slackbuilds-users] Tor needs libseccomp now?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 12:23:27 UTC 2019

Il giorno lun 3 giu 2019 alle ore 14:11 antiS 2019.02
<psychi2009 at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> Today I ran Tor(0.3.5.8) and found this error:
>
>         /usr/bin/tor: error while loading shared libraries: libseccomp.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Then I install libseccomp and Tor can run.
>
> I remember Tor doesn't has this dependency but now it seems it needs.
>
> Could maintainer of Tor help verify this?
>
> Many thanks.
> cc: fernando.lopezjr at gmail.com
>
> MDrights

I tested the tor version that we have in the repository, 0.4.0.5 and
it builds and runs fine without libseccomp that looks to be just an
optional dependency.

in your case I think either you built your tor package with libseccomp
installed on your system and then removed it after or grabbed a
prebuilt package from someone that used libseccomp as an optional
dependency.

Matteo