[Slackbuilds-users] git-cola, python3 and docutils

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Fri Jun 21 23:24:18 UTC 2019

Hello list!

First of all, can some admin delete git-cola.tar.gz from the pending queue?

I sent it after testing in my (heavily modified) Slackware install but
compiling in a stock Slackware gave me a lot of trouble, so I'll have to
re-test it. Thanks.

I think my problems come from the fact that git-cola defaults to python3, so
every Sphinx dependency needs to be (re-)compiled with python3 support, which
is pretty much a must since MarkupSafe actually requires python3.

On the road, I found that babel and python3-babel are at different versions
but both download an unversioned core.zip file.

Both slackbuilds link core.zip to cldr/core-$CLDRVER.zip, with a different
value for CLDRVER. Maybe they could move it instead of linking it?

If you compile babel you have to remove that file from e.g. the sbopkg cache
before compiling python3-babel.

Another one that bit me: docutils keeps failing with python3, I
added '2to3 --write --no-diffs docutils' to the slackbuild but that makes it
pretty slow to compile.

Anyway, I can email the corresponding maintainers about the issues I found,
probably will do so this weekend, but wanted to let you guys know.

Thanks for listening :)
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Usuario Linux Nº 250625: http://counter.li.org/