[Slackbuilds-users] git-cola, python3 and docutils

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Mon Jun 24 22:03:53 UTC 2019

El Viernes 21/06/2019 a las 20:35, Benjamin Trigona-Harany escribió:
> On 2019-06-21 4:24 p.m., Ricardo J. Barberis wrote:
> > Hello list!
>
> Hi!
>
> > First of all, can some admin delete git-cola.tar.gz from the pending
> > queue?
> >
> > I sent it after testing in my (heavily modified) Slackware install but
> > compiling in a stock Slackware gave me a lot of trouble, so I'll have to
> > re-test it. Thanks.
> >

> > I think my problems come from the fact that git-cola defaults to python3,
> > so every Sphinx dependency needs to be (re-)compiled with python3
> > support, which is pretty much a must since MarkupSafe actually requires
> > python3.
>
> Sphinx and all its dependencies are already Python 3 builds (and Python
> 3 only since the Sphinx 2.0 release).

You're right, of course.
I shoudn't rely solely on hoorex, it seems:

$ grep REQUIRES= development/Sphinx/Sphinx.info.build
REQUIRES="alabaster imagesize python3-babel docutils Jinja2 python3-packaging
Pygments python-requests python3-six snowballstemmer sphinxcontrib-applehelp
sphinxcontrib-devhelp sphinxcontrib-htmlhelp sphinxcontrib-jsmath
sphinxcontrib-qthelp sphinxcontrib-serializinghtml"

$ hoorex -r Sphinx
python-chardet six imagesize MarkupSafe alabaster python-certifi docutils
Jinja2 pyparsing python-urllib3 pytz babel packaging sphinxcontrib-websupport
snowballstemmer Pygments typing idna python-requests Sphinx

This is on my heavily modified -current box, but in the containers (stock
slackware 14.2 and slackware64 14.2) the output was very similar, i.e.: no
mention of python3.

I'll have to re-test next weekend.

> > On the road, I found that babel and python3-babel are at different
> > versions but both download an unversioned core.zip file.
>
> You can see that the core.zip files are also different versions when you
> look at the download URL, but the sources are indeed distributed with a
> non-versioned filename.

Exactly!

> > Both slackbuilds link core.zip to cldr/core-$CLDRVER.zip, with a
> > different value for CLDRVER. Maybe they could move it instead of linking
> > it?
>
> We don't want to move the source files in the script, so I don't think
> this is an option.

OK. I guess this will be a non-issue when both scripts get merged for
Slackware 15.0.

> > If you compile babel you have to remove that file from e.g. the sbopkg
> > cache before compiling python3-babel.
>
> sbopkg prompts for this when the md5sums don't match. In fact, relying
> on the md5sum to ensure that you aren't using the wrong source is how
> it's supposed to work.

Mmmhh, I probably should pay more attention then, I though it merely errored
out.

--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Usuario Linux Nº 250625: http://counter.li.org/