[Slackbuilds-users] virtualbox-kernel-addons fails build with kernel 4.4.172

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at slackbuilds.org
Fri Mar 1 18:48:24 UTC 2019

On Friday, 1 March 2019 19:10:48 CET Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2019 01 Mar 11:06 -0600, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> > Il giorno ven 1 mar 2019 alle ore 17:56 Nate Bargmann <n0nb at n0nb.us> ha
> > scritto: Hi Nate,
> >
> > are you sure that you are using the latest version of the script?
> >
> > I'm asking because three weeks ago it has been updated
> >
> > https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/commit/?id=8ac827899d38d11cf747fc0
> > de9ed6afd84fc9823
> Hi Matteo.
>
> I'm not sure.  I don't recall if sbotools downloaded the most recent
> version.  I'll try removing the package and then installing it anew.

There is a small bug in the script that makes it fail with the 32bit smp
kernel. I didn't have time to fix that yet, but will try to get to it
tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you want to "hack" it, there is a sed call guarded by a
kernel version check in the script. If you remove the kernel version check and
just execute the sed call you should be good.

Grs,
Heinz