[Slackbuilds-users] MuseScore Slackbuild.

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 01:01:42 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 5:19 AM Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users <
slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> On 25/02/2019 22:55, klaatu at mixedsignals.ml wrote:
> > On 2019-02-25 16:03, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> >> Just sending this via sbo mailing list in case klaatu didn't get my
> >> email sent a couple of weeks ago..
> >>
> >> Hi Klaatu, any chance of an update to Musescore? The current one is
> >> 3.0.2

Current version upstream as of this writing is 3.0.4.

> >> changing the version number, and adding the line
> >> sed -i 's| qmake| qmake-qt5|' build/FindQt5.cmake
> >> just before the "make " lines in the buildscript is all that is
> >> required to make it work with v3.0.2.

That didn't have any affect for the build process.

>> Regards, Tim
> >>

> > Thanks, Tim. I did get your email and did mean to respond.
> >
> > I can't get it to build even with your suggested patch, so I need to
> > dig into why that's not working for me. What version of Qt5 are you
> > building against?
> >
> qt 5.9.7 (SBo version) built with following DOCS=yes PROPRIETARY_CODECS=yes
> graphviz built with gts, qt5 built with optional freetds,  OpenAL,
> libwebp, opus, pcre2, snappy and wayland
> qt5-webkit 5.9.0 with optional libwebp

I built qt5 and qt5-webkit with no extra options or optional packages.

I was able to build MuseScore with version 3.0.4 but I did add a lot of
changes to the build script.  Most were superficial but some were setting
new options available in the Makefile.  I am adding an attachment of the
diff between the MuseScore 3.0.4 and 2.1.0.

On a side note.  I was not able to build it with QtWebEngine.  I get an
error that is described here.
https://musescore.org/en/node/281322
and something similar here.
https://musescore.org/en/node/276196