[Slackbuilds-users] Is it doable to have two glib2 versions installed?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Mar 8 20:45:42 UTC 2019

Hello,

I just asked this question on LQ ,but  maybe not everyone here will read it, so...

Currently glib2-2.46.2 is included in Slackware version 14.2

However I want to upgrade a software to a version that needs glib2 >= 2.48.0.

Upgrading glib2 is easy but I fear that would break other software that depend on it. Am I right?

If the answer is yes, is there a way to make two versions of glib2 coexist, and then how?

Maybe something like installing the newer version in another location and indicate it to the dependent software that needs this one at build time, although that'd make maintenance harder.

Any clue appreciated.

Best,

Didier