[Slackbuilds-users] Pandoc binary alternative

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 18 17:31:33 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Andrew Payne wrote:

> Hi all, I made a slackbuild for the binary of pandoc. The
> build-from-source version exists on SBo, but given the daunting build time
> and the massive list of Haskell dependencies, I think a binary build would
> be a valuable alternative. I know this parallel scenario exists with
> LibreOffice for example.

Andrew,

While I cannot speak for the SBo team, I would greatly appreciate using
your pandoc binary (as I use the LO binary). I started installing it last
year but gave up after installin a bunch of Haskell packages. I have no need
for that language other than pandoc so I removed them all and decided I'd
live without pandoc.

Regards,

Rich