[Slackbuilds-users] Pandoc binary alternative

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Mar 18 18:29:40 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:26:18 -0400
"Andrew Payne" <phalange at komputermatrix.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I made a slackbuild for the binary of pandoc.  The
> build-from-source version exists on SBo, but given the daunting build
> time and the massive list of Haskell dependencies, I think a binary
> build would be a valuable alternative.  I know this parallel scenario
> exists with LibreOffice for example.
>
> Is the team open to me maintaining the pandoc binary slackbuild?

Absolutely yes, assuming it's something along the lines of "a binary
from official sources exists and this repackages it." If you're talking
about building a package and then distributing it using SBo, then
I'm not comfortable with that at all. It's not about you personally, but
rather that it's exactly what led to the creation of this project and
I don't want to lead users back down that road.

-RW